March 26, 2019 | Politics | No Comments
An Apostille is the verification of the originality of a public document and is only conferred by a appointed juridiction of the country which provide the document. The German Missions can’t issue Apostilles.
In the US the Apostille for public certificate such as birth or marriage certificates is given by the Secretary from where the certificates derived.
Republic Of Germany Public Documents
In the Federal Republic of Germany, the following agencies issue also known as the“Hague Apostille” for German public documents:
1. Federal Documents
Exception: For Federal government Patents Court and German Copywright Office documents, the president will give the Apostille.
2. German State Documents
In Germany, they don’t handled juridisction with a consistent manner. For this cause, if you are not sure which office can issue an Apostille in your particular case, please call the authority in Germany which initially issued the document.
Generally speaking, the following figure are proficient authorities:
Documents of Administrative Authorities (excluding Judicial Administrative Authorities): Interior agencies (the sanate sector), regional administrator, local administration;
- Berlin: State Office for Residence and Regulatory Affairs;
- Lower Saxony: Police headquarters in Braunschweig, Göttingen, Hannover,
- Lüneburg, Oldenburg, and Osnabrück;
- Rhineland-Westphalia: Supervisory and service directorate in Kaiserslautern;
- Saxony: State directorates in Chemnitz, Dresden, and Leipzig;
- Saxony-Anhalt: State administrative office in Magdeburg;
- Thuringia: State administrative office in Weimar.
Documents of Judicial Managerial Authorities, Courts of General Authority (Civil and Criminal Courts), and Notaries:
Justice department (senate sectors), chief justices of state or the admin courts.
Documents of Courts aside from Those of General Jurisdiction:
Interior department orsenate sector, regional committee, regional admin, justice department (senate sector), chief justices of state or the managerial legal courts.
Apostille: Germany Guide
If you will need an apostille in the Federal government of Germany, please contact the following organizations liable with this service:
- For documents that was issued by the federal authority and courts, except those stated below and contact Federal Office of Administration
- For issued documents by the FPC(Federal Patent Court) you must contact the German President Office.
Documents that was been issued by the German Lander
- It’s because the distribution of “Hague apostilles” is not evenly managed in the different Länder, it is better to check each document, which authority is appointed to issue an apostille for that certain kind of of document.
Apostille: European Union. No Longer Required On Public Documents